Like humans, dogs need a bath on a regular basis, too. Just like we do get dirt, they do, too. Besides, the pet habits are in most cases linked to various outdoor activities, which makes it even more significant for their owners to provide them a good wash of the coat. And a proper shampoo is always the first thing you need to start with. And even though Yorkies are not exactly with fur, but with hair, it does not mean you are discharged from the responsibility to wash your dog.
On the contrary: your Yorkie needs a decent shampoo and a regular bath to have a clean and healthy coat and to keep the hairstyle beautiful. Also, decent shampooing of your Yorkie’s hair will make the bad odor go away. Prevention against pests is also an important thing that decent wash with shampoo aims. All of these lead to the conclusion that it takes to find a good shampoo in advance for the Yorkie owner. So finding the best Yorkie shampoo is a top task you have before bathing your dog. Do not worry, if this is a chore that troubles or worries you. We are here to give you some help and assistance.
Our Picks for The Best Yorkie Shampoos
|4-Legger Certified Organic All Natural||A|
|Earthbath All Natural Shampoo with Oatmeal and Aloe||A-|
|Earthbath All Natural Pet Shampoo with Tea tree oil and Aloe||A-|
|MinkSheen Pet Shampoo 4 in 1 Concentrate||B+|
“Can I use human shampoo?”
This is a question many people ask, when it comes to the yorkie bathing. The answer is “No!”, you cannot use human shampoo for your Yorkie. But still, you need to use shampoo, because pure water is not enough for the deep and thorough sanitizing. However, even your most favorite or most expensive shampoo you have at home is not suitable for your Yorkie.
The thing is that dogs have different pH hair and skin level, which means that your human shampoo will disturb your dog’s normal pH. And this is not the only reason we ask you not to put even a single drop of your human shampoo on your Yorkie’s body. As a matter of fact, there are many other additional reasons vets forbid such a washing procedure. It is well-known, for instance, that dogs (including Yorkies) possess a different smell sense or to be more specific: their smell sense is much stronger than ours. So any perfumed cosmetic products and shampoo, concretely, will be very disturbing for the dog’s respiratory system.
However, know that dog’s shampoos can come with a nice odor, as well. But they are only several specific natural odors that are allowed for application on dogs: such as the citrus scents and the lavender, for example. And something else: do not fall in the trap, personally you fall in, when you choose your shampoo. Looking at those labels how 100% natural the product is, you are deluded and you usually try it on your head. However, a dog might not even bear a single bath with such a product, if it has a “natural” label on it, but has nothing to do with the organic shampoos. You need to be 100% sure that this is indeed, an organic shampoo, because otherwise, you might hugely hurt your Yorkie skin.
Last, but not least, like your skin, your dog’s skin can be dry, too. You can recognize it by seeing your dog scratching itself after a bath. If you see this once, twice and few more times again, make sure you get your dog a really mild and oilier washing product. By the way, the best Yorkie shampoos for dry skin are those with aloe vera, vitamin E and honey. Have in mind these ingredients and look for them on the labels. Meanwhile, though, there are ingredients you should be careful not to appear in your Yorkie’s shampoo…
Ingredients to avoid in Yorkie Shampoos
There are several ingredients you need to be careful for, when choosing the best Yorkie shampoo. Below, you will see the most dangerous ones, when it comes to your dog`s skin health:
• Parabens: they are well-known with its imitating effect of the hormone, estrogen. And it is not uncommon for the Yorkies to suffer from hormonal dis-balance. Such a shampoo can unlock hormonal problems to your dog, but it is not all. Actually, parabens can cause even cancer to to the dogs.
• Petroleum: some of you might think that there is no way for a shampoo – whether made for humans, or especially for Yorkies – can actually contain it, but you are wrong. Actually, those mineral oils that are determined as so beneficial for the skin (including for baby’s skin and in baby’s cosmetic products) are actually made of petroleum. Make sure you do not use such a product on your puppy.
• The sodium laurel sulfate: another bad ingredient with a very bad effect mostly on your dog’s eyes. Once the shampoo with such a component gets inside your Yorkie’s eyes, there is 80% possibility for it to get an awful irritation. Besides, sodium laurel sulfate is an extremely bad agent for the digestive system and you cannot actually fully make your dog to understand that swallowing the foam of the shampoo is very bad.
Some of the best Yorke shampoos to consider
4-Legger Certified Organic All Natural Dog Shampoo
We love 4-Legger Certified Organic All Natural Dog Shampoo, because it has an ultra hydrating feature that leaves the skin smooth, nourished and relaxed. Yorkies with dry skin should be washed with it, but in addition to the moisturizing effect, it also has a fine organic base that simply cannot cause anything bad to your dog’s health and wellbeing.
Ingredients: After getting a certificate – officially – 4-Legger Certified Organic All Natural Dog Shampoo has become one of the most well-known organic products for dogs. And indeed, it has no harmful ingredients: either parabens, or the popular DEA, PEG, DMDM hydantoin, alcohol or even MEA. Sulfates are also excluded from the components and the fragrances are minimizes to natural ones only. Ok, so what this Shampoo is composed of then? Well, it has the beneficial jojoba oil, good concentrate of Aloe Vera, as well as the extra sensual and nourishing bio oils made of pure rosemary and lemongrass.
• Certified as a 100% organic product. Even the bottle is recyclable.
• Deep hydration for the skin
• The essential oils work as a protection against fleas and tick hair syndrome
• 100% unique American origin
• Fine effect on sensitive skin disorders
• It is also determined as hypoallergenic
• There are few complains by the consumers as to the packing.
4-Legger Certified Organic All Natural Dog Shampoo is a little bit thin, so make sure you do not spill it out the first time you use it.
Why recommended: One of the few organic products for Yorkie washing with triple effect: anti-flea, deep hydration and hypoallergenic formula!
Earthbath All Natural Shampoo with Oatmeal and Aloe
Earthbath All Natural Shampoo is a good choice for a Yorkie shampoo, because it is manufactured by a company that specializes deeply in the dog shampoo sphere, which means the team really knows what your dog needs. Also, the product is suitable for all dog types.
Ingredients: Earthbath All Natural Shampoo excludes any GMO or parabens, as well as soap that seems to be very unpleasant for the dog’s skin. The main ingredients here are the oatmeal and Aloe Vera. In a combination they provide deep hydration. Plus – the numerous vitamins in this product (A, B, D and E) are making your dog’s hair to grow faster. Last, but not least, vanilla and almond provides natural and harmless deodorizing effect with a luxurious scent.
• 100% organic – no enzymes, GMOs or other harmful ingredients are included. And even the pack of the shampoo is environment-friendly.
• Earthbath All Natural Shampoo formula has a double effect on the skin: eliminates itching and helps the skin to moisture itself.
• Extremely delicate! The lack of soap protects your Yorkie from itching and crying during the bath.
• Luxurious smell effect with natural air
• Simple lathering
• There are consumers with very smelly dogs that claim they need more drastic solutions to remove the dirt and the bad odor.
Why recommended: Earthbath All Natural Shampoo is one of the best Yorkie shampoos due to its harmless formula with dozens of vitamins that hydrate and keep the skin rash-free and nourished.
Earthbath All Natural Pet Shampoo with Tea tree oil and Aloe
Coming from a classy and popular top-rated company that produces washing products for dogs, Earthbath All Natural Pet Shampoo is a wonderful choice for daily usage and 100% bad odor removal.
Ingredients: Earthbath All Natural Pet Shampoo contains no parabens, GMOs, enzymes or sulfate components that can cause rash on your dog`s skin. On the contrary: the combo of Aloe Vera and tea tree oil eliminates the scratching at once and keeps the skin hydrated with long-lasting effect. There are no chemical perfumes, but only natural scents that minimize the bad odor at once and lets your Yorkie spread its fine smell of flowers all around the house.
• No soap among the ingredients, which is a very good prevention against itching. Besides, in most cases soap makes your puppy crying
• 100% eco-friendly product: including its biodegradable bottle and pack.
• Fast effect against scratching
• Gentle to the most sensitive skin
• Not very hard washing effect according to some big and typical outdoor dog owners
Why recommended: We recommend you Earthbath All Natural Pet Shampoo, mainly because of its reputable and trustworthy brand. Products made by this company are proclaimed to be the top pick-ups from the whole world pet supplies industry. And it is both: gentle and effective against dirt at once.
MinkSheen Pet Shampoo 4 in 1 Concentrate
As a fantastic washing product for various dog breeds, MinkSheen Pet Shampoo 4 in 1 Concentrate represents the best complex action against itching, insect invasion, fur and hairs improvement and natural deodorizing.
Ingredients: The main ingredient in MinkSheen Pet Shampoo 4 in 1 Concentrate is the mink oil, which makes it possible for the puppy owner to provide the most delicate skin care to its pet, while bathing. With this mink oil the coat remains truly brilliant and dirt-free. In addition to these, the product is 100% organic – with no chemicals or toxins. Instead, it has vitamin E for better skin nourishing, as well as eucalyptus, citronella and cedar extract. All of these keep the smell of the dog truly nice, while the insects away from it.
• NON-GMO vegan product with numerous vitamins and minerals
• One of the best anti-insect repelling products for dogs – including Yorkies
• Budget-friendly product due to its big pack of different bottles and giant amount of the shampoo in each of them
• Good mild cleansing effect with decent disinfection against bacteria and fleas
• Some consumers get damaged bottles, which brings the suggestion that probably, the packs should be much harder
Why recommended: MinkSheen Pet Shampoo 4 in 1 Concentrate is the best way to make your Yorkie’s hair grow faster than ever and to keep its coat wonderful on a budget. It has no chemical substances, but various oils with complex beneficial effect on the puppy’s skin. Besides, MinkSheen Pet Shampoo 4 in 1 Concentrate comes in big amount, which saves you money.
Shampoo and Conditioner 2 in 1
Oxgord Organic Oatmeal Dog Shampoo & Conditioner
People recognize this name immediately, if they have taken care of a dog. Indeed, Oxgord Organic Oatmeal Dog Shampoo & Conditioner is one of the most preferred washing products for different dog breeds. It is mainly popular due to its double containing formula: shampoo and conditioner at once.
Ingredients: Do not worry about your Yorkie’s health, because this is one of the least harmful shampoos ever. No matter how sensitive your dog’s skin is, the shampoo will cleanse it thoroughly and will not cause any allergic reaction. It has no parabens or GMOs. On the contrary: the formula contains only vegan components: Aloe Vera, jojoba and coconut oils, oatmeal, Shea butter and rosemary.
• One of the most popular dog shampoos on the planet.
• Compact pack with a standard amount of shampoo, but you will need a little bit amount of it each time you are in the bath with your Yorkie.
• Amazing anti-sensitive skin formula with fast effect
• 100% American original product
• Conditioner and shampoo in 1 product: saves time and money, even space in the bathroom
• Great product against itching
• Soap-free product with great shininess effect after bath
• Little fragrance effect
• Higher price
Why recommended: Oxgord Organic Oatmeal Dog Shampoo & Conditioner is one of the best choices for a Yorkie shampoo, because of its delicate cleansing formula. Also, since your Yorkie needs conditioning on mandatory, you can save some money!
Earthbath All Natural Mango Tango Shampoo and Conditioner
Here is one more wonderful solution for ultimate cleansing and conditioning effect your Yorkie needs: the brilliant Earthbath All Natural Mango Tango Shampoo and Conditioner. It has a fantastic aromatic formula with no chemical ingredients and amazing sheering effect on the fur.
Ingredients: Earthbath All Natural Mango Tango Shampoo and Conditioner is a 100% vegan product and even its bottle is environment-friendly. The product contains no harmful enzymes or GMOs. However, the main benefit of this product is that it is fully produced with purified water. Such a water can be very delicate and efficient for the tender Yorkie’s skin, which is why we really want you to consider Earthbath All Natural Mango Tango Shampoo and Conditioner. Plus: it has Aloe Vera, glycerin and mango. The shampoo and the conditioner have also vitamins A, B, D and E.
• Cool mango scent
• Simple lathering
• No toxins or bad effect on the Yorkie’s skin
• 2 in 1 and you know that conditioning is significant for the Yorkie
• Popular and top-notched dog-related brand
• No formula for problematic skin
Why recommended: We appreciate Earthbath All Natural Mango Tango Shampoo and Conditioner for many reasons, but mainly because of its double effect: cleansing and nourishing. Even though not specially tailored for a Yorkie, it fully responds to the puppy’s needs. Besides, Earthbath All Natural is more than famous alongside the dog-lovers community.
PurestPets Allergy Relief Medicated Dog Shampoo
May Yorkie owners face the problem with allergic reactions. Some of them come due to the wrong shampoo usage, but others cannot be controlled due to different climate conditions or the genetic faults in your dog’s organism. This is why PurestPets Allergy Relief Medicated Dog Shampoo is the best product for such owners.
Ingredients: Coming with the obligatory neutral pH balance, the product has no fragrance, color or preservatives. PurestPets Allergy Relief Medicated Dog Shampoo is also deprived of the negative Triclosan DEA, or paraben. Instead, it is made of specially tailored purified water that is gently and precisely combined with Aloe Vera, almond oil and of course the hypoallergenic ingredients like apple, lemon and coconut extracts. Last, but not least, it has also collagen for faster hair growth.
• Antibacterial action with natural antibiotic effect
• Provides fast recovery against pollen, grass spores, and pesticides, as well as other allergic reactions
• Removes the fungus and the bacteria faster than any other product
• Special nourishing effect
• Anti-drying formula for delicate skin
• Not very cheap
Why recommended: PurestPets Allergy Relief Medicated Dog Shampoo is a 100% working solution for most of the allergies your Yorkie can suffer from. It has a double protective formula: against bacteria and insects. The delicate touch of the product has a fast restoration effect after excessive hair loss.
SynergyLabs Veterinary Formula Clinical Care Antiparasitic & Antiseborrheic Medicated Shampoo for Dogs
We call this shampoo medical shampoo, because it has more healing than cleansing effects. However, the treating effects provided by SynergyLabs Veterinary Formula for Dogs are as effective as the cleansing approach. The protective coat the shampoo provides works against bacteria and insects at once.
Ingredients: No parabens, dyes or soap are used in the preparation of this Shampoo for Dogs. It has a small hazard effect on kids, so keep it away from children. The main ingredients of these products are the well-known oatmeal oil and allantoin. They protect the coat and makes the skin rash-free. In addition to these, the salicylic acid is the anti-bacteria agent with deep cleansing effect, while the coal tar and sulfur provides protection and treatment against Seborrhea, fungus, parasites and hair loss.
• Great medical support: against bacteria, insects, allergens, dermatology disorders and etc
• Fast healing process
• Normal pH suitable for all dog breeds
• Compact pack
• No necessity of frequent usage
• Budget-friendly and low-cost
• No fragrance effect
Why recommended: We appreciate this Shampoo for its fast and deep healing effect. Probably, you cannot find another product like this on the market, because while being a regular and thoroughly cleansing shampoo, it is also a suitable treatment for so many skin problems your dog might have.
Finding the best Yorkie shampoo is a delicate business, so make sure experiments are not the best ways for you to make up your final mind in the store. If you need to, consult with a vet or with any of the selected shampoo manufacturers and make sure you give your puppy the best hygiene and fur cares.
Image credits: Amazon.com