How much does a Теаcup Yorkie cost?
Is the Теаcup Yorkie the same thing as the standard Yorkie Terrier we know?
If there are two terms, it’s logical to believe these are two different things. But here is the catch. These aren’t two different dog breeds. However, there is something different, specific about the Теаcup Yorkie and of course, it’s the size of the puppy.
Eventually, the price of the Теаcup Yorkie is also different than the price of the standard Yorkshire terrier. Let us remind you, though, that there is no such thing as fixed standard Yorkshire terrier price. It can vary from 300 USD (with no documents, medical history recorded and no sign of aristocratic bloodline) up to 10 thousand USD, which is, though a price that contestants in international Yorkie championships will agree to pay.
But what about the Yorkie Yorkshire terrier price?
And what about the Теаcup Yorkie dog in general? Here is what you should know…
A few words about the standard:
Long time ago, there was a minimum size for a Yorkie. But with time, the standard has been abandoned and today, there is only a maximum of 7 lbs for a Yorkie. Before this change, breeders could produce a 2 pound puppy and it would cause quite a stir. Now, figuring it out what the regular size of a Teacup Yorkie has gotten even more difficult, but in general, it is nearly 2 lbs.
There are Teacup Yorkies that weight up to 1 lbs when they fully grow up. And as you can guess, the least size brings many problems for this dog, especially health problems. Collapsed trachea is one of the most common conditions that a Теаcup Yorkie can suffer from. This is why owners should provide their puppies special collars for all-day wearing during a certain period of growing. Bone diseases are also very typical for Теаcup Yorkies.
These puppies have very delicate bones, which makes it easy for them to get broken or damaged. Hip dysplasia is one common condition that occurs due to fragile structure, too. Alongside with these, a Теаcup Yorkie might also suffer from hypoglycemia, lack of appetite that leads to anemia and coma, skin irritation and etc. As you can see there are many health issues you should concern before getting a Теаcup Yorkie.
But that’s not all, guys, because there are more things you need to be 100% informed and sure about before buying a Теаcup Yorkie. One of the reasons for the higher price is basically higher demand. More and more people want to buy a tiny little puppy, but most of them are not very well informed.
Think twice before buying a Теаcup Yorkie
Below there are some basic facts you need to consider before getting your kid or yourself a Теаcup dog. Because of their fragile bodies, they are risky pets, due to these well-known facts:
- Very energetic regarding their size. And this means that it will be hard for you to keep Теаcup Yorkie from playing and hanging around your garden. Unfortunately, for such a tiny dog, every single object on their way is an obstacle or a treat. This is why you are bound on your dog every time it is playing, especially at the outdoors.
- Feeding a Теаcup Yorkie is not an easy task. You need to establish a specially tailored feeding schedule that requires small, but frequent portions. Unlike big dogs, which can be left without food for several hours, a Теаcup Yorkie might die from hunger.
- They are hard to be found. So not only expensive, but also not accessible at all, the Теаcup Yorkies are like tiny exotic dogs you need to be careful not to miss and then, careful not to lose from your sight during your life together.
About Teacup Yorkie price
Indeed, the Teacup Yorkie price varies form 800 USD to 3000 USD, but you will probably get a sick dog for 800 USD or something that is not exactly a Yorkie. It might be a fraud or just a smaller size (or younger) Yorkie.
Originally, the high price of the Teacup Yorkie is due to the many medical documents it is accompanied. Part of them represent some medical evidence about the Teacup Yorkie, but others show the health history, which is very significant as we have discussed it above.
Teacup Yorkie for sale under 300 dollars or even under 500 dollars?
There are lots of people looking to buy a cheap Teacup Yorkie, but “you get what you pay for” as the good old saying goes.
Unfortunately there are people out there who don’t care about the dogs they are selling. Puppies are just products and their main goal is to take your money. That’s why you have to be very careful.
Remember buying a puppy is long term commitment and getting a healthy one must be your top priority!
Tips for buying Teacup Yorkie
Below, we will list you a short guide with tips how to buy a teacup Yorkie puppy. Make sure you follow our pieces of advice:
- Contact the breeder and make sure to ask him all the questions to get to make sure he is a professional. It is very important to buy a Teacup Yorkie from an experienced breeder. Also the phone call will save you some transportation expenses, if the breeder is outside your region. If everything sounds good you must go and see the puppies, the breeder and ask everything you have in mind.
- Visit the breeder if he is nearby or when you sort the best and most reliable breeders. It is essential to check out if all the medical papers and registration processes for the dog are available, as well as if the puppy looks healthy. Inspect its ears, eyes and coat. Make sure the environment it was grown is healthy, hygienic and neat. Ask if all the vaccinations have been made. Last, but not least, observe the Teacup Yorkie’s behavior among its family – is it shy, social and etc?
- Avoid getting a puppy from dog mills. These inhumane places should not be supported with purchases. Their main goal is to sell you the puppy. They don’t care and do not pay any attention or cares on all these dogs and puppies.
A Teacup Yorkie price might be shocking at the very beginning after its announcement. However, it worth it every single penny to have a healthy little and cute friend in your home! But don’t forget that once you’ve bought it you are bound to the puppy till the end and you will have to pay the real price for it – your personal love and care!